Mello FM News
- Psychiatric Facility at Kingston Public Hospital to Be Modified.
- UTECH Law Student Discontinues Court Action Against Institution.
- Crack Down on Fake Blue Mountain Coffee Begins.
- Office of Contractor General Requests Document from NHT.
- Tax Payers to Pay More to Rescue JUTC.
- Mario Deane Cops to Return to Court for Trial Date Next Year.
- Local Businesses Threatened by E-Fraud.
- Escaped Female Prisoner Recaptured.
- West Kingston Residents Give Evidence Before Start of Commission of Enquiry
- Four new members appointed to NHT Board.
- Dates Set to Challenge Proceeds of Crime Act
- US Narcotics Dealer Connected to Drug Ring in Jamaica Sentenced.
- Government to Use Millions from NHT to Repair Infirmaries.
- Court of Appeal Overturns Conviction for Customs Broker
- Police Released In Case of Poisoned Teacher
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
Drain cleaning exercise in preparation for hurricane season delayed
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
Local Government Minister Noel Arscott says the late tabling of the 2012/2013 budget is hampering the start of island wide drain cleaning in preparation for the Hurricane Season which begins in less than a month.
He further said the work is yet to begin as the required funding is not yet in place.
The Estimates of Expenditure will be tabled in Parliament next Thursday and Mr. Arscott says it's not yet known how much money will be allocated for drain cleaning.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: