Mello FM News
- Ministry of Education to spend millions on textbooks.
- Government warns entertainers against travelling to Ebola affected areas.
- Office of Utilities Regulation receives millions in compensation.
- Mentally ill man kills two year old boy.
- St. Ann resident faces sexually related charges.
- Jamaica Labour Party prepare to stage public demonstration
- Police retains control on island wide criminal scheme.
- Students fail to achieve minimum academic standards.
- Policeman injured during cell fight.
- National Environment and Planning Agency gives warning to licenced bird hunters
- Chairman of Jamaica Urban Transit Company defends application for fare increase
- Parents to provide children with water for school
- Jamaica Teachers Association barred from installing President Elect
- Freak storm creates chaos in St. Elizabeth
- People's National Party awaits outcome of investigations into legal issues facing its members.
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
Drain cleaning exercise in preparation for hurricane season delayed
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
Local Government Minister Noel Arscott says the late tabling of the 2012/2013 budget is hampering the start of island wide drain cleaning in preparation for the Hurricane Season which begins in less than a month.
He further said the work is yet to begin as the required funding is not yet in place.
The Estimates of Expenditure will be tabled in Parliament next Thursday and Mr. Arscott says it's not yet known how much money will be allocated for drain cleaning.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: