Mello FM News
- INDECOM launches investigation into death of St. Elizabeth teacher.
- Office of Prime Minister denies prior knowledge of Outameni acquisition.
- Ex-cop and sister guilty of 2012 murder.
- Trelawny Parish Council partner with agencies in campaign against Chik-V
- Water supply improvement following introduction of programme.
- NHT Chairman to reveal all details about Outameni purchase.
- Most wanted fugitive in Trelawny freed.
- JUTC wants compensation for damage to its buses.
- JLP investigates reports of damage to JUTC buses by its supporters.
- Jamaica passes sixth IMF review.
- Island Grill to reopen for holiday season.
- Two resignations from NHT board.
- Jamaican jurist elected to serve as ICJ judge.
- Meeting called to end strike by Medical Technologists
- PICA to offer mobile passport services.
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
Drain cleaning exercise in preparation for hurricane season delayed
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
Local Government Minister Noel Arscott says the late tabling of the 2012/2013 budget is hampering the start of island wide drain cleaning in preparation for the Hurricane Season which begins in less than a month.
He further said the work is yet to begin as the required funding is not yet in place.
The Estimates of Expenditure will be tabled in Parliament next Thursday and Mr. Arscott says it's not yet known how much money will be allocated for drain cleaning.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: