Mello FM News
- KINGSTON WHARVES HEAD SAYS GOV’T MUST MOVE URGENTLY TO BENEFIT FROM EXPANDED PANAMA CANAL
- CAPRI PUSHES MOBILE MONEY FOR PATH PAYMENTS
- JAMAICAN FLIGHT ATTENDANTS ON FLY JAMAICA COMPLAIN OF UNFAIR TREATMENT
- HANOVER PARISH COUNCIL VISITS HOTEL SITE WHERE WORKER DIED IN NEGRIL
- FILE ON INCIDENT AT ANDREWS HIGH SCHOOL SENT TO DPP
- NINE HOMELESS AFTER FIRE DOWNTOWN
- FUNERAL HELD FOR CHILDREN ALLEGEDLY SMOTHERED BY JAMAICAN MOM IN THE US
- PNP POST-ELECTION COMMITTEE TO REVIEW DOCUMENT AFTER NEC MEETING
- CULTURAL ANALYST DECRIES DANCEHALL EXCESSES
- MAN FATALLY SHOT BY ‘FAKE COPS’ IN ST ELIZABETH
- POLICE CLAMPING DOWN ON LOOKOUT MEN
- CURFEW FOR MINORS IN ST JAMES COULD BE EXTENDED ISLANDWIDE
- INVESTIGATIONS CONTINUE INTO ST ANDREW INCIDENT
- FINAL ATTEMPT TO REDUCE TOLL RATES ON HIGHWAY 2000
- PORTIA SIMPSON MILLER TO STAY IN LEADERSHIP RACE OF PNP
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
JCF Clarifies SSP Hewitt’s Promotion
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
The police high command has moved to clarify reports and public utterances regarding the promotion of the head of the St. Andrew South division.
According to the high command, SSP Delroy Hewitt has been asked to take up a temporary assignment at the mobile reserve replacing SSP Winchroy Budhoo who will be going on a six weeks course at the Jamaica Constabulary staff college.
The high command added that in light of that, twelve temporary assignments have been made to various commands.
Against that background, the police high command is of the view that the outburst by the Executive Director of Jamaicans of Justice, Dr. Carolyn Gomes surrounding the temporary assignment of SSP Hewitt is premature and ill-informed.
The police high command says individuals and groups should seek information before going public with comments that will seek to undermine the organization and affect public confidence in the Jamaica Constabulary force.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: