Mello FM News
- NWC TEMPORARILY HALTS OPERATIONS AT ST. JAMES WELL
- MINISTER OF TOURISM LEAVES TO STRENGTHEN CANADIAN RELATIONS
- FORMER RADA CEO SUES FOR WRONGFUL DISMISSAL
- POPULAR JAMAICAN PRODUCER FREED OF FRAUD CHARGES
- USAIN BOLT RETURNS HOME
- CHESS TEAM RECEIVES TWO MILLION DOLLARS FROM GOVERNMENT
- MEDICAL DOCTOR ASSUMED TO BE MISSING DOES NOT RETURN TO WORK
- JAMAICAN MAN FACES COCAINE CHARGES IN BERMUDA
- MAN MURDERED IN CROSSROADS
- 19 YEAR OLD CYCLIST ACCIDENTALLY DROPS GUN IN FRONT OF POLICE
- PRELIMINARY REPORT FOR ISLANDWIDE BLACKOUT DUE TODAY
- DR DAYTON CAMPBELL ELECTED CHAIRMAN OF KINGSTON AND ST. ANDREW
- JAMAICA’S PARALYMPICS TEAM PREPARES FOR RIO GAMES
- MISSING DOCTOR AND TEACHER FROM MANDEVILLE RETURN HOME
- SERIOUS AND VIOLENT CRIMES REDUCED BY 22%
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
JCF Clarifies SSP Hewitt’s Promotion
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
The police high command has moved to clarify reports and public utterances regarding the promotion of the head of the St. Andrew South division.
According to the high command, SSP Delroy Hewitt has been asked to take up a temporary assignment at the mobile reserve replacing SSP Winchroy Budhoo who will be going on a six weeks course at the Jamaica Constabulary staff college.
The high command added that in light of that, twelve temporary assignments have been made to various commands.
Against that background, the police high command is of the view that the outburst by the Executive Director of Jamaicans of Justice, Dr. Carolyn Gomes surrounding the temporary assignment of SSP Hewitt is premature and ill-informed.
The police high command says individuals and groups should seek information before going public with comments that will seek to undermine the organization and affect public confidence in the Jamaica Constabulary force.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: